This is what happens. I start to do something, and Ringo gets all up in there. This is me starting to blog. I tried to physically block him from my lap and then restrain him off the computer. Well, you can see who won.
Friday we had a little gathering at the apartment as a housewarming soirée. As we were still painting until Thursday, it was a bit of a quickfire to clean and cook in time. Luckily we don't have super-punctual friends, so the table was all full by the time people arrived. I made my homemade mac and cheese, kielbasa and cheese chunks, and a caprese salad. Emily made her delicious spinach mini-quiches. We also made a big sundae bar with raspberries, chocolate chips, sprinkles, banana, nuts, crushed candy bar, marshmallows, maraschino cherries, and whipped cream. When we were at the grocery store on Thursday night after yoga, a girl walked by and I thought "I know her". She stops and turns back to me and says "I know you". We went to high school together in Fort Myers. Weiiird. She lives in the same apartment complex. Weiiird.
Back to the party...Yesterday is when summer hit DC, so it was sweltering even with the a/c cranked all the way down. But I think a good time was had by all.
Rip it, oh rip it good.
This knitting night I started a little shrug inspired by Lorraine's masterful shrugs. I'm usually fine to multitask while knitting, but I guess the metro ride was really fascinating because I totally messed up my lace pattern. Here she is right before I had to rip out the whole thing. I decided to stick with something I know: and quickly cast back on multiples of 6 + 4 for a top-down raglan caplet. Oh raglan, how I've missed you...
Today was rather unproductive, a lot of recovering from my bottomless cosmo glass last night. Our roommate trio took a trip downstairs to the pool which was the place to be, evidently. It was really nice to lay in the sun, knit a little bit, and take a dip in the cool water. My high school buddy showed up and we had another "wow, that's weird" moment. Friday night I was talking with someone at the party, who turned out to be at the Dubliner the night I had gone with my parents and he totally remembered me, my mom, and our whole table (including the bartender taking away our salt shakers we used as percussion). Weird. Pssh. All of you with the "DC is a big place, you totally don't have to worry about running into _", mhmmm... Not so big anymore.
Burnt Orange Tunic.
This afternoon I decided that I needed to do something productive, so I made this tunic. I had the bottom linen material from a toga NightCap. and the burnt orange patterned stuff from some sale aisle. It's completely modeled after a tunic I got last weekend that I LOOOVE. Then I added one of the buttons I got last weekend at the antique shop. It's amazingly comfortable and really good to wear in this warmness.
We have won a number of times at Pub Quiz. Never for actually getting the most correct answers, but lots for providing entertaining answers and a few "sucky bucks" - a gift certificate for one of the losing teams. One of our funny answers earned us this fine mini fooseball game. Ringo likes to smack around the soccer players a little bit and bite their heads:
No comments:
Post a Comment