Sunday, June 8, 2008

Drafting Supplies Made Beautiful

Nothing says Sunday morning like a lovely brunch. This morning a group of us went to Busboys and Poets, one of my favorite fancy breakfast spots ever, and certainly my favorite in DC.

Next stop: Utrecht, an art supply store, for school supplies. A cartfull of vellum, drafting materials, and rulers later, I was all set to start my homework. But first...make it beautiful. So I busted out the sewing machine and made little pockets for all of my new supplies.


Here is the pocket for the triangle, ruler, templates, etc:
And for the pencils and erasers:
And the x-acto, tape, etc:
All together in my bin:
Then I had to sketch. Let me start by saying that I greatly dislike drawing. Drawing 101 was definitely one of the most painful art classes I had to take. Loved Gary, hated drawing. But now I have to draw for my new class, so here goes...my first two sketches.

The shelves that create my room:
And looking into our living room:

3 comments:

Lisa said...

you are always impressing me. If I had one ounce of creativity to the creativity in your pinky I would be well off.

PS. You are great at drawing!

Anonymous said...

For someone who doesn't like drawing, you certainly are not bad at it!

The tower picture representation alone is impressive.

Tommy Corrigan said...

The sketches are great:) You're ganna have to start creepin!