Wheaties? No. This is the breakfast of champions. What a glorious morning today. Fantastic weather, delicious breakfast, and a relaxing day ahead.
Ringo 1, Vara 0.As I was just going into my room to get the camera cord, I heard "yelp!...:::thud:::...hahaha" - and I came out to see Vara and her bag of trash sprawled across our living room. Evidently Ringo jumped out at her and took her OUT. Full on ate it; as she describes it: face on carpet.
But then he crawled up under me as I was posting and look at how cute he is:

On Pins and Needles.
Here's what is currently on my needles. I only brought the needles to make the beginning part of these Raglans with me to Florida, so all of them need the finishing touches - sleeves, buttons, closures, etc.
Here is an asymmetrical top from the green padagonia:

And a little caplet from the leftover eggplant bamboo:

And a tank concocted from stash yarn. Some super soft microfiber/acrylic in yellow and natural cotton on the bottom:
Art School Dropout.The bathroom I'm designing for class is not thrilling me. Here is the current floorplan:

And some color:

No good. So I decided I'm going to actually build a full model rather than designing it on paper. More my speed. So here's a trip to Utrech for supplies:

Stitch N' Pitch.
Friday night was a fun knitting outing to the ballpark. I didn't realize it was a real thing until we were brought up to one of the conference rooms for our swag - a great nationals bag with a stitch and pitch logo. The bag was great, but the patterns inside were pretty lame and our free yarn was yarn barf (aka fun fur).
There's Will on the far left, Lisa, Junco, Rebecca, Amy's white hat, and Selma down there somewhere. The knitters took over a whole huge section!!The only reason I ever agree to go to sporting events is for the food and entertainment (in the crowd). Here's the bratwurst, delicious garlic fries, and beer:
Lisa's granny square:
My hemp that I ripped out no fewer than 5 times:
The view from the stadium:
Look! The Nationals stadium has a green roof:
Take Two.
I killed the first round of plants. Royally. So this is my second attempt to green my thumb. Here are some plants I picked up from the Silver Spring farmers market this morning. The guy claimed that they are resilient plants, which is very necessary:


Part of the reason for the plants is to take over the windowsill to help conceal the contraband cat. Here's the stealth one himself:

And some beautiful wildflowers for Toria - the birthday girl.
More pictures than words today, but life is great. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment