Now I know my ABCs...
Tonight was the first night of Interior Design. It was a looong 6 hour class after a loooong full day of work. It was fun and interesting - a lot more on the technical side of things than the design side of things, but I think I'll get into the swing of it. However, I am waivering a bit on how I feel about the fact that our two exercises of the evening were learning how to use a ruler and write the alphabet. Fair enough, the ruler was an architectural ruler, so we were measuring lines as scale conversions. But the alphabet? In the days of so many amazing font options, I'm very surprised that we spent a chunk of class time learning how to write "architectural letters" for title blocks on sets of prints. You have to use a triangle to make all of the edges straight and at 45 degree angles. I'm not a fan. Plus I kinda suck at that kind of precision. This classwork will definitely not be hanging on the refrigerator. Maybe I'll do better with the practices we have to do for homework (I wish I were kidding).
Dusty Rose meets Peach purse.
With a few minutes in the charger, I got enough juice to finally get an action shot of the purse i just finished. I think I'm going to make a lining so that it will be more pen-friendly and not stretch out in weird contortions; but it's really comfortable to carry and fits an appropriate amount in it. The circular hole in the top can be a handle or fit snugly around the shoulder as demonstrated here. Hmm...which color to do next...
Time to snuggle up with my Jasmine Green Tea, Ringo, and a few pages of Forget About It (the latest chick lit I grabbed off the shelf); then tucker out after little sleep and a loaded day. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment