Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Hot Date with My City

Bathroom project done. Complete with copies of the elevations (mirrored) pasted onto the outer walls. My professor suggested that I get a job at Matel. I think that was a compliment, but I'm not totally sure.And a presentation board. All of those draftings are in ink in 1/4" scale on one piece of vellum ("don't eff up, don't eff up...")
I'm exhausted. I forgot about that whole homework bit of college. I'm glad this summer course is easing me back into it before the full load I'll be taking in the fall. Sorry mom, I have a feeling that Red Bull will be coming back into my life.



So lets talk about knitting! Here is the Ireland scarf/shawl made of delicious cotton. It's my signature stitch:
cast on multiples of 3 + 2. I cast on 47 stitches for this on size 4 bamboo circulars.

K1, *YO, K2TOG (TBL)* repeat until last stitch, K1

and in normal speak: knit 1, *yarn over, knit 2 together through the back loop* repeat until last stitch, knit 1.
I'm putting a request out there... If you're reading this and have spent some time in Ireland, particularly Northern, please please please drop me a line with places to see things to do. I'm about to dive into Rick Steves and Lonely Planet, but those can only take me so far...

A Hot Date.
I'm terrified to slip into taking this place for granted: not appreciating the galleries, sites, events. So this week, time and place to be determined, I'm going to have a hot date with my city. We have some quality time each morning on my walk to work; but that's only on the Hill (which is a unique breed of its own). So this week: something special, just the two of us.

Hopefully more crafts and less models in the next posts :) Cheers! (Slainte! ....I'm practicing.)

No comments: