This is the lovely diaper up under the seat in the metro.
Last weekend at the Quarry House:
I am now the official model of the knitting group of clothes for little girls: fun to model, not as fun to be compared to 12 year old girls. Here is the shrug that Lorraine is knitting for her step daughter. She's amazing.
Weekend Recap.Friday night was another amazing evening in Baltimore - mostly spent at the downstairs lounge of Dionyses, a little greek restaurant. It is a cozy space of mis-matched couches, delicious "cosmos", and fantastic falafel.
Saturday's highlight was the mani/pedi with the roomies - "Little Nookie" on the fingers and "Dutch Tulip" on the toes.
Followed by me testing my culinary skills by making meat cupcakes (a meatloaf mixtures in cupcake tins) and creamed spinach with homemade Sangria. Combined with Emily's mashed potatoes; Mmmm...!

Meat cupcakes:
Mix 2 pounds of lean ground beef, 1/2 cup crushed crackers, 3/4 cup red wine, 3 tbs ketchup, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp horshradish mustard, lots of oregano, a little basil, a dash of some other spices, and some salt n' pepa in a large mixing bowl.
Grease cupcake tins with olive oil; smoosh meat mixture into the tins and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown :)
Sangria:
Dice 1 1/2 fiji apples, 1/2 orange, 3/4 peach, 1/2 cup blueberries and put in large pitcher. Fill up 3/5 with red wine and 2/5 with ginger ale. Optional: add brandy (we didn't have any so I threw in a splash of rum).
Creamed Spinach:
Sautee 1 package of frozen spinach. Add 1/2 cup of half and half and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until cheese is melted.
Easy Like Sunday Morning...
A cinnamon bun, a cup of coffee, and a mimosa with the roommates - this is definitely the way to start any Sunday morning.
Vara and I went on a huuge shopping trip - chicken empinada, cheese mini quiche, and eggs from the farmers market; awesome assortment of beads from Moonshadow, an antique shop; a cute top from the bead store as well as beads to make this necklace:
Then we came home and I finished a purse I was working on made from beautiful orange/pink Malabrigo. This is the original form, but now it is drying from being semi-felted:
Next up: more shopping. We walked up to downtown to return some pillows and buy some clothes we really needed :) Bead Attack.
I was inspired by the necklace, so I decided to bead some more. Here are two little barrettes:
And a bracelet:
No comments:
Post a Comment