Here is the birds-eye view of it as it stands now. I haven't committed this layout to paper just yet, but I think it's going to be the winner. That's the stone tub in the loft, then down a spiral staircase. The top of the shower in the top left and the sink in the bottom left.
This is sort of the front view (looking in the window that takes up the fourth wall) showing the two levels. The staircase comes around 180 degrees than the last three steps are straight.
And a closer view of my favorite part of the room: the sink. Hey little buddy.
Tonight was a quick work break to go to the National Building Museum for a lecture by Abba Tor on the design of Saarinen's TWA terminal at JFK airport. The lecturer was a fascinating character; the lecture was less than fascinating. But it was still great to be in the building. If you haven't had the pleasure to do so, I would definitely recommend checking out the National Building Museum. It is a fantastic space. The only other time I've been was during the Smithsonian Craft Show (another awesome recommendation); so it was nice to see the building uninhibited by the booths and crowds.
Metroing it, I've been able to work a bit on my Ireland scarf. If pictures could only translate how amazingly soft that this is, you'd be ooohing and aaahing right now. It's pretty awesome. This is Sublime DK Organic Cotton and I'm totally addicted. Favorite wool: Sublime Merino wool/cashmere/silk. Favorite cotton: Sublime DK organic cotton. If only they made bamboo, I think I would be a monogamous girl.
The lecture turned out to be not crazy long, so I managed to make it for the end of knitting group. This was the scene of a rare sighting: Amy KNITTING! We all made such a big deal about it, she finally said "geez; you know guys, I wrote a whole book about knitting, I know how to do it!" Fair enough.
Afterwards, Emily and I concocted a secret plan for our other roommate, Vara. Vara is a bit self conscious about her age, and refuses to celebrate another birthday. Her birthday was sometime this month, so we decided that since she wouldn't tell us when it was, we'd just make it tonight! So we picked up an assortment of three Whole Foods individual desserts (so amazing! espresso cheesecake, key lime pie, and triple chocolate mouse cake) and some beautiful light peach with rust tips roses. On the walk back we created a little jam to accompany:"A southern girl with LA style,
she's got a laugh that'll make you smile.
Always up for manis, pedis, even waxes,
When she's at work she rocks those taxes.
Secretive; she won't tell us the actual day,
but we'll celebrate her birthday anyway!"
Pretty awesome, I know.
Now that I've blogged instead of doing my drawings; I'm going to take a little nap and then get back to work. Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment