My camera has become my constant accessory since I began putting my projects, life occurances, and general musings out there on a blog. I've fallen into a "if there's no documentation, then it didn't happen" mentality (Emily tells me they have the same saying when dealing with patients in the mental hospital she works in). It's such a habit that I often forget about things that I took pictures of. Here is one that I just discovered on my camera: a shot from the parking garage next to Kelsey and Sean's building in Baltimore. Check out the sweet car phone on that painted billboard. Awww yeah.

Yarn Over, Knit Two Together (through the back loop). Repeat. Repeat. Repeat....
This scarf/shawl for my trip is turning out to be giant! It is currently 76" long and I'm about 1/2 - 2/3 through the last skein. That is a lot of yo, k2tog (tbl)'s! More of an attention-deficit knitter, I've never been one to commit to large projects; I was even afraid to do a sweater until I discovered the Raglan. If it takes me more than a week, I'm over it. So it's a good thing that I'm completely infatuated with this yarn, otherwise this project would have gone into hibernation a long time ago. I don't think this picture accurately represents the colors, but it fades from dark to light with each chunk in neutral shades.

Sleep Tight, Girlie-mon.
Though Ringo has never been described as a rugged and manly cat, he has maintained his "man of the house" demeanor quite well (besides the slip up involving a purple boa in DeLand). But, I guess this is what happens when you live with three knitters long enough:
Happy Birthday Kelsey!
Happy Birthday Amy!
I leave you with a gem from one of my favorite people in the world, Sara. She is fun and loving and leaves me saying "wow, that was such a perfect thing to say" after each conversation. Forget nursing school, life coach is really her calling. Anyway, while dissecting some relationship (as we find ourselves doing more often than we'd both like) she busted out with this gem that I think is so simple and profound: "we're not looking to change anyone, we're just looking for the lock and key to fit."

1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know that people are google searching "knitting AND comic" and coming to my site. YOUR INFLUENCE IS UNSTOPPABLE!
Post a Comment