Thursday, August 28, 2008

Malabrigo silky scarf.

Aside from the brief stint where Em and I decided to go exercise (I almost died and probably didn't even work off the tofu I ate for dinner. damn.), it was a quiet evening in. I was torn between finishing the journey of Misha bear in Absurdsvani and stitching through my second skein of Malabrigo silky. Somehow I was able to complete both tonight. You know it's good when there is a bittersweet ending: happy to be done, but sad that there is no more. Both were exciting, but the knitting photographs better. Sometimes I look at it and see a peaceful sunrise, other times it is more reminiscent of easter egg vomit. Either way, it's done and very comfy.





Good flicks.
With things slowing down a bit these last few weeks, I've been able to watch some (fantastic) movies. I'm most excited about Vicky Christina Barcelona. The storyline is fascinating, the acting powerful, and the cinematography beautiful. It was especially exciting to recognize a lot of the backdrops from last Fall. They even had a brief clip of the fire parade! Though I have to say that they definitely showed the Disney version of it. Somehow the frame didn't include the masses of people huddled up against buildings, cowering in fear and trying to get burned in only the most expendable places (yea, that was us).

Also No Country For Old Men. The characters are hilarious. "Everyone is so perfect"-K It has a draw similar to that of Pulp Fiction - a stray from my normal violence tolerance level but totally worth it. I would have looked back on it with more fond memories if it weren't followed by an incredibly creepy ride home on the metro complete with all of DC's finest characters. The juxtaposition was pretty awesome.

One more exciting discovery this week: sushi at Sizzling Express on Pennsylvania SE. Yum.

Um..hello Beau Biden...

OK. Goodnight!

No comments: