Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tshirt Dress

The tshirt skirt was such a fast and fun project, I thought I'd take the same design and make it as a dress. I had a tshirt from Abbey (such a great place, such wonderful memories there). Todd gave me an XL, something that I would clearly never actually fit into.

So I cut the four panels from the body of the tshirt.

Then ripped the seam of the sleeves to make the top band from.

Sewed it all together in the same design as the skirt.

And....tada! Per usual, Ringo has to get into every photo shoot.

With the XL shirt, there was enough material to make the whole thing out of just one shirt. I tried a similar design with a Medium shirt and it wasn't successful.

And the back.

Now I need to find some more XL shirts! I'd like to do one in a different color, it seems so dressy in black.




That's Weird.
Speaking of tshirts. Crazy story...

Last night we were leaving Pub Quiz and Emily started petting a dog. I smiled at the owners, really just wanting to get home. Then her shirt caught my eye. Holy. Shit.

"You went to Stetson. I made that shirt."

Weeeeird. I made that shirt! In Florida. And I saw it on someone in Silver Spring. That's weird.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Wow, pretty... and the dress is cool too!

Unknown said...

Crazy about the shirt from FL...what shirt was it??

LOVE your dress!