Thursday, August 21, 2008

Purple haze lavender cotton halter

I've admittedly been neglecting knitting. Having recently acquired all these books that I have to read to become a whole person, knitting seems to have gone to the wayside lately. Perhaps that's an exaggeration. I did finish that alpaca cardigan, but I burned the buttons that I was trying to make for it, so I'm keeping it in hiding until I can find a suitable substitute.



Luckily I have this unpublished project to help me pretend that I've been productive lately. It's a part of the series from these months that I refused to touch animal fibers in the summer heat.



It's made with one of my favorites: patagonia cotton, hand dyed in Chile. I'm on the hunt for a really cool button to connect the front of the neck piece, but you can get the general idea.




I started at the neckline with about 2", then did 1 x 1 rib for about 2" then began stockinette with double increases on each side until it was wide enough to fit around me, then joined the two and knit in the round the rest of the length. Then I came back and added the strap to go around the neck.



I've also been neglecting my camera. I've had some fun adventures this week, but sadly no documentation. I spent a lovely evening on the astro turf of Silver Spring watching teenagers be bad parents. Tried out a new pub quiz: booze clues at the Argonaut on H street and our team won! (not on account of any contribution on my part, of course) The Argonaut is pretty awesome. The decor is somewhere between grandma's attic, nautical, and grungy. The music is everything I used to hear in my dad's truck. The staff was really nice. And they have Stoli Razz. woo! Witnessed some insurgents of the tshirt variety getting interviewed for the an article on the Prince of Petworth. Made (ok, burned) some buttons out of sculpi. Laid in the grass of Folger Park reading my latest addiction, Absurdistan, on a beautiful sunny afternoon, then got attacked by a dog while his ower laughed. Umm. Sir. Can you please stop laughing and get your dog off me? Thanks. Got my orientation packet for Corcoran (I can't help but be a bit critical of this so-called orientation.) Picked out a some lingerie for an acquaintance to give to his girlfriend (weird.) Knit a baby sweater (also not getting pictured because I can't figure out how to translate "little and fat" into a tangible size and shape.) Found some awesome new disposable plates made out of bamboo that don't any bleach or dye on my mid-day jaunt to Columbia Heights, Eastern Market, and back. And I reluctantly (and regrettably) ate a big buford.

Sending good energy to Florida as it continues to get hammered by Fay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Work it.