I finally got a chance to rock my new tshirt. It's slightly reminiscent of the Fine By Me shirts Juls and I introduced at Stetson many (many) years ago. I've gotten away from wearing shirts with any kind of labels or text or statements for a while, so it was kind of strange to break that habit. The feedback was great, though. Everyone loved it. It made me happy to get such a positive reaction; it leaves me hopeful to see that we are living in a generation that is seeing such a dramatic shift in how the idea of non-traditional sexual orientations are accepted.

47 wardrobe changes later and we were all dressed up for Restaurant Week. It's been so long since we've gone out all together as the roommate trio, it was lovely to have some bonding time. We all live such different lives, we were all excited for the chance to reconnect and enjoy a great meal together.
We finally made it to the elevator, only about 30 minutes late. Woops.
We chose DC Coast on K and 14th NW. It was delicious. Warm balsamic shrimp, beef tenderloin, chocolate pound cake, and a bottle of pinot gris. Yum. Somehow it was midnight and we started the trek home with full bellies and a pact to start running on Sunday :)
We had bad luck with having to wait a long time for the trains all night, but it gave us time to discover the really cute little mice who were munching on the trash in the station. They all ran away for the camera, but you can see the peach that they were going to town on. I'm happy to report that here in DC we don't have big nasty rats, but cute tiny furry mice that could fit in your palm. We did have a giant cockroach almost take Vara out on the walk after dinner, though. I've never seen her jump so high, run so fast, and shriek so loud. It was awesome.
Waiting for the train. Still.
On the ride home. 
I've been neglecting knitting lately, but I do have one new project that I've been dabbling on lately. The moment the temperatures dipped into the 70's I could finally break my anti-animal-fiber summer trend and started a cardigan with some alpaca from Amy. Raglan, of course. The sleeves are still active stitches, so I'll pick them back up and knit down straight sleeves once the body is done.

I could pretty much retype the entirety of Eat Pray Love as quote after quote that I love. But here's a little nugget of goodness from Italy (Eat):
In a world of disorder and disaster and fraud, sometimes only beauty can be trusted. Only artistic excellence is incorruptible. Pleasure cannot be bargained down.
No comments:
Post a Comment