Friday, August 22, 2008

Margarita, por favor.

It was a hectic Thursday that started way earlier than I'm accustomed to opening my eyes in the morning. Finally time to go home, I was driving through Rock Creek Park and got a phone call from my roommate. "Want to go out after work?" This is quite an anomaly for my homebody roommates, so I was stoked when Emily also agreed.

.

A quick text to bar guru, Chowder, and we were off to Lauriol's Plaza for margaritas. OK. No margaritas for me (those of you who have had the pleasure of witnessing the intersection of tequila and Heidi would agree that this is a wise decision), but margaritas for them.

.

Lauriol's is a fun spot on 18th near T NW with a huge patio and balcony to enjoy the lovely DC summertime weather. It was a perfectly relaxing night and gave us the chance to explore a little bit in the area between Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle. We had a brief wait for the table, revealing that we weren't too far from Dupont Circle, as the bar was swarming with the typical 20- and 30-year-olds desperate and on the prowl that seems so characteristic of the Dupont area. But the food was awesome and the atmosphere was killer. We even had a lady bug join us for the meal. Does that cancel out the good luck of a ladybug if it's in your food?

.

In Other News...

Keep swimming Florida!

.

Here is the interview of the insurgents from the other night... pretty entertaining. I especially like the comments afterwards. I enjoy how battles of "my junk is bigger than your junk" through testosterone-infused statements seem to have turned into battles of "you're hipster"..."no, you're hipster".

No comments: