Sunday, April 6, 2008

'Sup Cherry Blossoms.

After enduring my first chilly winter in DC, it's time to embrace Spring! We have the privelege of having the Spring season kicked off with the blooming of the Cherry Blossoms! Kelsey and Sean came down from Baltimore to take a mini-tour of the DC sites and enjoy the blossoms. We walked the length of the Mall and then turned south to the Basin, which is the main event for the blossoms.

The basin is supposed to be the most famous view of the blossoms, but there were so many tourists and people around that I got overwhelmed and didn't take any pictures down there.
(Thanks for letting me pirate some of the pictures, Kelsey!)

After our super walking tour, we decided to drive out to Bethesda. First stop was Politics and Prose, a cute little book shop that is a local hot spot (apparently). I saw the title "The Washingtonian" in fiction and grabbed the book to see what it was all about. It ended up that I picked up some nice cleavage. Kelsey found a new read and Sean found Perseoplis II, a book about love and sex between humans and robots, and some other goodies.

Just down the road was Comet, a place with amazing pizza and ping pong tables. We battled Sean 2 - on - 1. Overall everyone kicked butt (I know, we look fierce.) Kelsey made a sweet point off the overhead lamp, Sean did a smooth behind-the-back move, and I hit Sean about 50 times.

Hello Beautiful Yarn.
So on Friday I finally made it out to Stitch DC on Capitol Hill. There were a lot of fine choices; a few skeins of this 100% cotton (Patagonia by Araucania Yarns in color 235) came home with me. I can't show the whole piece I'm working on, but here's a little peek. It's so easy to work with and knits up really well!

It comes in a number of different color waves, but I was really drawn to this blue/green/teal/purple/lavendar/mustard blend.

Other ongoing projects:
bamboo crochet top
lavender knit tube-top with a cable/braid top band
baby blanket with some really soft acrylic junk
felted bowls with turquoise Paton's wool

No comments: