Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Hit on the Raglan

As soon as I took the last raglan top off my needles Sunday, I wove in the ends and immediately cast on the nearest stash yarn. It happened to be this cheap yellow cotton I had left over from a Close Your Clothes book I had sewn as a Christmas present (really cute cloth book that has an article of clothing on each page with buttons, zippers, laces, snaps, etc. to teach kids how to dress themselves). I didn't really have much of a plan going into it, other than to play with the tone-on-tone yellows. I've sort of been obsessed with it on the rides in to work and at knitting night last night, craft night tonight, and TADA! A record 4-day shirt!

I did a simple 1 by 1 ribbing for the neckline, sleeves, and bottom band. The rest is just stockinette with one color change midway through. All in all it took just under two skeins of either Sugar'n'Cream or Peaches'n'Cream (no label on the stash). Those of you reading this who are yarnies are probably also calculating and appreciating that that means this is a 4 DOLLAR SWEATER!!!

No comments: