skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Olive You!
So I can finally post up pictures of some recent projects now that Valentine's Day is done. I believe this had some craftzine inspiration, a jar of crochet'ed olives that says "olive you". The jar was actually about 3/4 full when I gave it away, but I didn't think to take a picture of it then. I think I was more amused than anyone else about this one. I guess not everyone gets the yarn appeal.
I also gave away this wonderful man scarf. Emily gets a kick out of how I was fretting over my size 0 double pointed needles and new Noro Sock Yarn trying to make the subway fingerless gloves and finally threw it down, reached back and grabbed 3 skeins of this grey/tan/black/beige yarn, picked up some bamboo needles on my way to the register, and then made this scarf. I really had been eyeing it as I was sitting there struggling, but I think it's more amusing to think I acted so irrationally. Anyway, I did this in a double seed stitch (probably not the technical term) - 2K, 2P, etc and do it two rows high. It makes the scarf lay really flat and breaks up the stripe-y-ness.
I also did my first blocking with this project! I knit tiny little hearts that curled up on all sides, so I gave blocking a shot and it worked! It's so easy! Just pin your thing down how you want it to come out, spray it, and once it dries it's all flat! Magic.
This long weekend I go to go home to Florida which was amazing! The weather was gorgeous and there was lots of family around. I even got to do a little shopping in my yarn stash at home and came back with a few forgotten gems. My New Hampshire grandmother is a big knitter, and she showed me some of her projects. I'm waiting to get some pictures before I talk about them because they're just too cool to describe.
On the almost 7 hour "3.5 hour drive home" I also crochet'ed up some cute little mittens for my cousin Gabe and some more mature fingerless gloves for my cousin Max (he's in 3rd grade now, googley-eyed mittens are no longer cool). I don't have pictures of those either. Yet.
In other news...
Ringo is well. He didn't appreciate my little southern jaunt, but is settling back in now that his food bowl is refilled. My old "roommate" continues to find ways to annoy my life - I've been counting on karma here, but I'm approaching my wits end and might have to take karma into my own hands soon.
I'm hoping for a snow day this week! I'm putting my energy into Friday, so send good snow-day vibes this way. It flurried a lot this afternoon, but I'm holding out for some more - I think it'll happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment