Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lacy Scarf in Three Quick Steps!


Step one: buy lots of great yarn from A Tangled Skein.

I picked up a load of Sublime yarn, my new favorite blend. It's merino wool, cashmere, and silk. It's really smooth, warm, soft, and just slides on the needles.








Step two: Figure out a stitch and go!

I thought I was doing a lace stitch. The yarn experts around me clued me in that I wasn't actually doing a lace stitch, but had in fact invented my own new stitch! Cool!












Step three: knit!

I made it through a whole skein that night and another half on the metro rides today. It goes really fast and with the lacy pattern it doesn't use much yarn at all.










Here is a close-up of my stitch pattern. It's very stretchy!



Thanks to Emily the photographer. I left my camera at home, so I yanked these pictures from her site. You can also check out the other knitters, crocheters, and poets on her blog from our fun craft night at Amy's.

No comments: