Sunday, February 24, 2008

I (heart) Vinny Vegas

Last night was Baltimore time. Sean, Kelsey, Ben, and I went to dinner at this great restaurant called paper moon (this pic was yanked from google images because I couldn't find a good picture from their website - crazy Flash websites...) The restaurant has struck insane in a good way that could easily be bad. There are dolls, toys, collectibles, and just random shit everywhere, but the food was fantastic!






We then made our way to the Ottobar. Sean's coworker, Scott, is the singer in a band called Vinny Vegas. The evening was a strange mix of alternative/punk bands interspersed with hip-hop rappers, but overall it was a really great time. Vinny Vegas is fantastic! They were really good live, but like most bands in a venue like that, it was kind of hard to hear the lyrics. They were giving out CDs so I listened to them on the drive back to DC this morning and they really are fantastic! Sean busted out with some sweet moves when the DJ threw on some old school early 90's classics - AWESOME.

I haven't had a very crafty weekend, so I'm going to post up other people's projects! Kelsey made this felt purse. She claims it is still a work in progress, but I think it's very pretty already. The front is layered with different size cloth circles and buttons. I don't think this picture gives the color combinations true justice - they're it's very nice in person. The purse is lined with a great black and white geometric print!


She is also working on this coat. It's charcoal corduroy on the outside and a mint green on the inside with these cool buttons. It's in pieces now, but I'll try to get a pic of the final product.




This is Sean's really fun belt that he got at the fair the other weekend. Note the ninjas on the side, not the mention that fantastic buckle! He rocked it last night with an all-black outfit and red tie.






Sean has this really great drawing of happy poop. He's screened it onto shirts, but my favorite is the framed print in the bathroom. Classic.

No comments: