Saturday we explored the city a bit. Here we're on the main drag in Georgetown. I've heard so many great things about the Georgetown area, it was fun to experience it at last. Sara spotted a great French cafe, La Madeleine, for our lunch destination - delicious!!! We shopped our way up the street, paying particular attention to the super sale at Ann Taylor. We each got great sweaters (we're talking wool, cashmere, silk blends) all for under $20!! Being Florida girls, we appreciated the warm additions to our wardrobes as we make our way through the first winter.
We popped into a store that my coworker Caroline has been recommending to me called Paper Source. It's all that it was cracked up to be and then some! However, it was the end of the day and we had pedicures in mind, so we left our wallets closed.
After lots of walking around, we did our traditional together-time pedicure. Being in DC in the winter with freshly-painted nails proved to have it's challenges as we hobbled on salon-sandals through downtown Silver Spring. Here we're showing off our sweet toes under the bar at Macaroni Grill as we waited for our to-go dinner. Classy, I know.
So it wasn't a very crafty weekend. Today I blocked a project for the first time! But all of the pictures will have to wait.
3 comments:
"Cool Glasses!" says a man as he walks by Heidi in G-town. Yes, she's that cool ladies and gents!
Can I get a pair of those pedicure sandals... you know... just for wearing?
I love la madeleine! There are a few in Dallas so I grew up with it. I was appalled when I moved to Florida and discovered it wasn't as large a chain as I originally thought.
Post a Comment