Monday, January 21, 2008

Setting up the Apartment


Heidi vs. IKEA tables

So I went to the IKEA in College Park and found all of these great things to make my desk/craft station. The not-so-great-thing: no drill. 5 screws per leg, 4 legs per table, 2 tables = ouch.

But it was all worth it when everything was assembled and the sewing machine was in place. Hooray for fun workstation in the bedroom!







The final product

Lots of space for books, supplies, sewing machine, computer.


To the left you can see the corner of my parents' fabulous blow-up twin mattress that I spent the first month sleeping on (a few weeks with Will as well!)

However (thanks Santa!) I am now the proud new owner of a real grown-up bed. Oh yes, not only a mattress, but a legit BED as well.







First project for the workstation

It's a fun multi-purpose bag made from cloth scraps. It's all canvas on the outside and lined with white pleather.


I made little pockets and pen holders on the inside and a cell-phone pocket on the outside.

I even got to play with using gromets!

It was a fun experiment. Great for carrying knitting projects, but not so great for an every-day metro bag.





Yarn = Wall decoration

It's still a work in progress, but I made yarn balls and hung them along one of the walls in my bedroom.

So far Ringo has only attacked one of them.

1 comment:

emmybear said...

I love how you set up your desks! I'm inspired. Also, I have the same exact desk as you, only one of them though. Silver legs, white top.