Saturday, January 26, 2008

Needle Bag and Scarf

Today was a super craft day. I finished a ton of projects and started and finished this one. It's a little bag to hold needles and hooks. It's made from grey corduroy.





This is the view when it's all folded up. Then you untie it and it opens up like this:









Then each pocket opens up. Knitting needles on one side and crochet hooks on the other.






It folds up very compact, but it needs a few more stitches at the two outer points to make sure the needles stay in more securely.











I also finished a secret project that I can't post up yet. And made a lot of headway on another secret project.

I also finished up this crochet scarf. I used a light leaf green, a lime, a chocolate brown, and a caramel colored ribbon to weave up through the holes.




I think I'd prefer a thicker ribbon if I were to do it again. But I like the idea.







This pic goes with the last post but I realized I didn't show the back of the hat. Right above the button/flap is the hole for the pony-tail. I's really comfortable! I tested it out tonight when I went to downtown Silver Spring for dinner. The hat was awesome. Dinner, not so much. The alarm went off and something crazy was going on at the whole complex. Really bizarre. We got out of there and took the yummy Noodles & Company to go.

1 comment:

emmybear said...

yes that was a bizarre event...but at least we got a free dinner out of it! Awesome hat...I love the little rib right above the cables.