Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fingerless gloves and a scarf in progress

Today was another interesting day on the hill. It was evidently the anniversary of Roe v. Wade and the protesters were out in the hundreds (probably thousands, but there were hundreds all trying to get into the Capitol South station). Putting my political commentary aside, I just have to say one thing - quit using your children as tools to further your political agenda! They have no idea what the sign you're putting in their hands actually means. And why aren't they in school?! OK. That's all.




Here's another angle of the yarn-balls on my wall. I'm not satisfied with any of the pictures of them, but in person they're really quite swell.










Being such a cat, this is how Ringo decided to help as I was trying to photograph the projects that I'm working on.

I would set out the scarf/gloves, yarn, etc. and he would come lay on it. Or play with it. Or stand between it and my camera. Or attack the string on my camera.

Can you tell he's been alone all day?




Here are the fingerless gloves that I'm working on. I'm using the new Noro sock yarn. It's really beautiful, but is bad about knotting as it comes out of the skein.

The color combinations are beautiful though!!

I started out on DPNs (size 0!), but ended up just crocheting it instead. It makes it nice and thick and is much more manageable with tiny yarn.

Pinkie finger and then the second glove to go! I'm going to make these into subway gloves; so I'll add a pocket onto the top of the right glove for my metro card (thank for the inspiration Emily!)



Close-up of the Noro yarn. So beautiful!









My second project is a scarf I've been working on for a little bit. I can't remember the name of the yarn and I've lost the paper from it - but it's beautiful!

The crocheting is going very fast, I just haven't worked on it in a while (since the gloves and other projects came into my life).

I need to finish quickly though; we've had snow on the ground here for almost a week!



Here's an up-close of the scarf. It's a very simple pattern, but fun. You can leave the holes like they are, but I'm planning on using this for colder weather - so I'm going to weave ribbon up through them. Any suggestions on color? I'm thinking either another shade of green or a cream.







Finally, here's a shot of my grown-up bed. It's even made! You can see the heating blanket peeking through - ooooh it's amazing! I don't know how I moved up here and no one ever told me to run out and buy one the second I crossed the Florida border!

ps. I changed the settings so you can comment now if you'd like (thanks Will).

No comments: