One of my favorite places to walk around is where Capitol Hill meets Eastern Market (wherever that is.) The architecture is interesting and you never know what you'll find around each corner (granted, sometimes it's a jogger with a bag on his hand waiting to drag you down an alley, but that only happened one day and she got away.) On one of my weekday ventures I had the opportunity to check out the highly-acclaimed Frager's: a neighborhood hardware store on steroids. Perhaps it's on account of growing up with a hammer in my hand, but I am such a sucker for a good hardware store.
I still can't decide if I love or hate this color palate. But here it is anyway...a little glimpse from D street SE.
I also had the chance to stop back by Capitol Hill Books to truly browse. I've been wanting to play, so I finally picked up some interesting books to serve as a canvas. I was particularly drawn to this one, and found a little surprise inside with the inscription.


Last thing before I run to class. I did another painted tablecloth and finally took pictures as a step-by-step. This is ridiculously simple yet always yields good results. With flashbacks to quality time with Sara and our beloved NightCap, I projected my new employer's logo and started to paint away.
Photo-shy Subuola grabbed my camera and caught me in action... Can I just say that I love that I've found a way to wear paint clothes to every job I've ever had :)

and tada! An official tablecloth for CHDS admissions events.

In the same bracket of my old post of how I had to write the alphabet for homework this summer. This time I had to make a color wheel. Woo...


No comments:
Post a Comment