Oi. I'm sorry for not calling...again... :)
So it's been a moderately crafty week between battling the plague, school, work, and play. Last Sunday I picked up some beautiful Malabrigo in burnt okra (not the named color, but I'm not sure where the tag is at the moment). I'm a little addicted to making scarves in my stitch - everything else just seems too bulky or stiff. Plus it makes a nice and long scarf out of just one skein. Here she is...

And wrapped around a bit more...

I also finished up the second fingerless mitt from the wool/cotton/elastic yarn I had picked up in FL. In light of this week's temperature dip, they made their debut Thursday hot off the crochet hook.
In fact I wore the mitts while walking around Georgetown/Foggy Bottom from La Madeline en route to the Kennedy Center with Keith and his friend Mark to see Hazel Dickens (haha, cheap segue, I know). It was a really great experience! She was battling some hardcore allergies, so some of the singing had challenging moments, but it was good to see a very influential woman in an intimate setting. She grew up in a poor mining family of 11 children and has used her music to express her views on the working class and women.Homework.
It's always fun to turn homework into an excuse to get crafty. For two of my classes I'm supposed to keep a notebook of some sort with clippings of inspirational rooms, color schemes, etc. So I got a big sketchbook and, taking inspiration from the tabs in a moleskin notebook, cut it into three sections of tabs:
and the side view:
hm. it doesn't look as exciting in pictures, but it's actually kinda cool in person. Like a moleskin on steroids.Value study.
For color theory, we're finally starting to get close to putting color into a room, but first, we're doing some value studies. This shows the overall darkness/lightness of the colors that will be applied to the various areas.

one from a birds-eye view:
Then we were give a color to work with for our two rooms. Mine was a blue that hits about the second blob down on the left side. We took the pure hue and the compliment and put them in the two top corners, then slowly added them to eachother (moving in towards the center) and added white (moving down the rows), giving us a palette of color choices.
Happy Birthday, Papa!Happy Fall; happy start of the debates; and cheers to the unexpected :)
No comments:
Post a Comment