I'm a big fan of the projects that I start one day and then finish later that day or maybe the next. Usually if the project lasts more than an opened bottle of wine, I'm done with it - either tearing it out or banishing it to the bin of "wip's". So I surprised even myself by casting on a project that requires a lot of attention to detail, knit on small little needles, and will take me foreeeever. I decided to do a 5-piece cable. I'm sure there's some fancy term for it, but for this girl who hangs comfortably on the cusp of the knitting world, it's just a 5-piece cable.

I'm working on a little summery tube top. This will be the top band and then I'll probably pick up the stitches and knit down in plain stockinette. I'm not sure how to write out a pattern for this, so I did a little photoshop action to demonstrate the crossing. Imagine that inbetween each of these rows you're doing the backside - knitting the knits and pearling the pearls...nothing different. It is casting on 18 and then K1, P1, K2, P1, K2, P1, K2, P1, K2, P1, K2, P1, K1:
Or this one kind of shows where the cables are going and which direction you're doing them in:
After almost a week, this is my only progress :(
But I am practicing my patience (that light thud you just heard was my mother falling off of her chair) and am sticking with it....
No comments:
Post a Comment