I was driving from DC to Logan airport, picking up my uncle flying in from Hawaii at 4:30 and my mom and grandmother coming in at 5:30 and needed to make it out to Lowell by 7. It was the "don't eff this up" fear that prompted me to leave before the crack of dawn on Thursday to begin my adventure. Thanks to K advising me to get lots of toll money, unfortunately that nugget of information didn't pop back into my brain until I started the drive. So I spent the first 45 minutes of the adventure hunting around Anacostia for a functioning ATM. Just in case you are curious, it's $33.95 in tolls between DC and Boston, and apparently you don't get to pump your own gas in New Jersey.
I pulled into Boston about 3 hours before my first passenger was set to arrive, so I went on the hunt for "some store called Magpie that carries our shirts. It's your kind of place." It turned out to be just down the street from Cambridge in a cute little place called Somerville.
It was too cute a place to immediately hop back into my car, Logan-bound. So I meandered around for a bit and eventually stopped for a delicious wrap at Diesel Cafe. Ah-mazing. If I ever decide to revert to my "original" post-college plan of moving to Boston, Somerville is officially on the list for possible places of residence.
Over the weekend one of my cousins was participating in the final swim meet of his swimming career as well, so a few of us headed down for that. This was my first swim meet and...Holy eye candy. I'd like to take this opportunity to say...if you are like me who had not discovered the fine caliber of specimens that swimmers are until recently...wow.
Oh yea, and Devin did really a great job swimming and we got to go out on the deck to watch his time trial for the 100 breast.

I drove back Sunday by way of New York City to have breakfast with Laura. Tolls back: $23.60.
Sláinte! The day that everyone is Irish.
I started my St. Patrick's Day walking into work to a very know-it-all 5th grader commenting "good, you're wearing green today. Oh, nevermind - you always wear green." Apparently I'm predictible even to 10-year olds.
I braved the drunk-on-a-tuesday-night crowd at McGinty's in hopes of some decent live music that resembled traditional irish tunes. It was somewhat less than my expectations as fas as authenticity, but still - a good time had by...most :) Plus they got Matt to dress up like a leprechaun, so that's a win in my book.

Happy Wursday!
Jon Wye lovers and fellow insomniacs...fear not! Wursday has returned this week. He's been a super organized and getting some extra help from intern #3, so he was all caught up on the worker-bee kind of stuff. Thus, it was a design-heavy Wursday. We worked on a mini-photo shoot of the cuffs and I played around making pretty things for the website and some product submissions.
Best of all: for the first time in my tenure with Jon I outlasted him! Usually he's clicking away at the computer and looks over to find me passed out spooning Fred or something. But oh how the roles have reversed! I was engrossed in some mad paisley and looked over to see a snoozing Fred AND Jon, who periodically aroused to scribble (I mean really scribble - like three little swirly things) and then immediately pass back out. Brilliant!
Come check us out at this month's X on Saturday night at BeBar.
Happy labor, Jackie!
Happy Belated Birthday, Emily!
and Happy Spring Break to Me!
No comments:
Post a Comment