Despite my lack of documentation, I have actually been up to some schoolwork these days. Mostly revolving around a fun little class in which we draw lots of little lines. Going back a little bit, we had this living room space with a fireplace:

And a little lounge nook:

More recently we did a bedroom:

And an office space:

Weighing in at 5 pounds, this sweater might actually fit!
I have always had the same regard for patterns as I do for directions and recipes - pshh! those are for people with no sense of adventure. This philosophy has come around to bite me in the ass many time with knitting, especially when it comes time to make something for someone who is not close to my size. How big are big man hands, exactly? Babies are tiny, but exactly how tiny are we talking? Eh, I don't know. And so, nearly every baby item that I've knit has come out more doll-sized than baby sized. But luckily Jackie just popped out a tiny baby girl, and I made conscious efforts to make this bigger than I thought it should be. So our powers combined and hopefully this little cotton baby sweater will fit Baby Gabrielle.

Playing in Annapolis.
It's March and I've been wearing a coat for 6 months now; this southern gal is ready for springtime. All this coldness has made me start to really yearn for "Florida time." I thought maybe some time on the beach would tide me over until I can hop a southbound plane; much to my dismay I discovered that it's at least 3 hours to the closest ocean. So I settled for Annapolis and took Rich along for the ride.

It's still very nautical and at least I can eat seafood, see sailboats, and pretend that it's 40 degrees warmer. We found a great seafood restaurant looking out over the water. It looked kind of cheesy, but the food was surprisingly good.
Then we walked down to the water and watched the sailboats until my feet started to ice over in my optimistic sandals. All week I thought "if I just dress like spring, maybe the warm weather will come." Instead I spent a lot of the week shivering and bitching about how I need Florida time. So I cranked the space heater and put on some Jimmy Buffett and pretended I was sitting in the warm sun. Even though Annapolis wasn't the sunny beach I was hoping for, it was still a really nice escape from the city.
Happy Spring! (pssst, that means it can start getting warm now)
2 comments:
the weather in FLA. is warm and sunny
yea yea yea...
Post a Comment