So instead of lingering in my cozy bed on Sunday morning, I forced myself into consciousness and ventured in to the Wye household. We puttered around a bit and loaded the gear, eventually heading over to the yellow mansion on 15th.

Box lugging, tshirt hanging, and we're ready to rock. The space was itty-bitty to begin with. And in a quest to keep the shirts in an orderly fashion, we had the company of all of the bins of tshirts with us in our 4-foot section. As a result we were sort of wedged behind the shirt rack on top of the bins for most of the day. Periodically the tshirts would part like curtains being pulled to reveal a patron inquiring about a shirt. It actaully lended itself to a cozy space to knit and hang out while inspecting the various shoes passing by.
I was able to make significant progress on the secret puple project whilst chillin in the tshirt cave. So this was my other view for most of the day.
knit knit knit knit knit [...] turn, knit knit knit knit...
Without the belts, it was a pretty easy day. It's always fun when people recognize the brand, behind the shirts we hear "hey! it's the belt guy ... [tshirt curtain opens] ... look! I'm wearing your belt! I love this thing! It hardly ever leaves my person." That always makes for a happy Jon.
We all know that yarn is one thing that makes for a happy Heidi. With our booth strategically placed kitty-corner to Woolarina - to which I happen to have a gift certificate for (thanks Jonathan!)...danger! danger! Some oogling and fondling had to take place, naturally, then I made my selections of two skeins in a greyscale, two superwash merino in a pea green/mustardy kind of colorway, and one beautiful superwash merino in a denim-type blend of colors. Yarn-gasm!

You can see Jon next at the Philly Tattoo Arts Convention at the end of February.
No comments:
Post a Comment