Saturday, February 28, 2009

Incentive posting.

Maybe posting about it will give me the kick in the butt to finish out the final few pieces of my gray sweater dress. If I put it up here, I'll feel obligated to finish it - nothing like flaking out in public...

I fell in love with this beautiful peruvian wool in a stormcloud gray and had plans for a little raglan sweater. I was getting near the waist and realized that it might be a cute dress. So I did some increases and then kept on going. Eventually I ended with a seed border at the bottom.

So far I've picked back up one sleeve, also with a seed border. All that's left is the other sleeve and to bring the neck in with a seed border. Must. not. hibernate. (this is about the time in a project when I pull knitting ADD and cast on a new project or two, this one slowly slipping onto the shelf and then into hibernation)

In what seems to have become a weekly routine, I finally sneaked some documentation of the Cosco trip. All of the meat had disappeared by the time I could get to the camera, but check out the stash of eggs...for a week. (note, those are 18 packs, not the little baby dozen -pack that the rest of us wuss out with.)


I guess I didn't get my fill of nova so today I ventured down into suburbia-somewhere in search of a craft store for school supplies (that evidently closed shop long ago) and wound up in strip-mall central. Target, Hancock Fabrics, and Panera ... just me and the soccer moms. Eeek - grab my stuff and it's time to retreat back to the city.

No, they didn't have cameras in the stone age, smartass.
A half-day of school looming before them and an all-school gathering in the morning, the kiddies were particularly rambunctious on Thursday. In a chat about baby pictures, one of my finer 8th graders busted out with "How can we get your baby picture? Did they even have cameras back in the stone age?" oooh, haha, you're funny. you must have forgotten that it's a half day tomorrow for us to do report cards... fail.

So what do I do? turn around and post about knitting and shopping at strip malls - awesome.


I'll end on a happier more youthful note. An old friend blew through town in 36 hours, and I was able to snag a few of those to grab a drink and peruse my favorite used bookstore. There are few things more satisfying than sitting in a dark corner of a quiet dive bar, instantly rekindling (or in this strange twist of circumstance and relationship, a new kindling.) I love that feeling of recognizing that a lot of time has passed, environment and individuals have changed tremendously, but you can still have great conversation and connect in an old familiar way.

This officially kicks off the Spring season of visitors! Spoiler alert: upcoming posts of tourist time and familiar faces. Definitely some cheese fondue, a resugence of the Titanic parties ( sans torando), and some car bombs at irish pubs (and we're keeping our salt shakers this time)

No comments: