As promised, the posts are beginning to be less frequent and more delirious, thus marking the beginning of another semester. With the cancellation of Thriday, though, I was able to actually get some sleep and in turn get some thoughts aligned to be able to post. Fear not, this will not be a Jon Wye-free week, though, as we will be the proud occupants of a booth in Sunday's Crafts and Kisses. This Valentine's Day crafty celebration is bound to get me all sentimental...it's the anniversary of attending my first craft fair in DC and the first time I encountered the Jon Wye brand (what, did you think it was going to be all mushy about love and crap? pshhh....you should know better...)
Best of all, the Thriday-free afforded me the opportunity to put another stamp for NoVa on my passoport with a trip to Cosco. Case of liquid creativity (red bull)? Yes please! An impression that some friends did of me from senior year has ensured that I will not consume more than one or two of these in any given week, but a few on hand is always a good insurance policy for those get-creative-on-a-time-crunch nights.It also afforded me the opportunity to witness another remarkable demonstration of healthy (?) gluttony. I piled in my little avocados (a newfound obsession - avocado with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper - YUM!), goat cheese, and ::ahem::red bull. Whereas Rich piled in 8 dozen eggs and pounds and pounds of meat that I can't even begin to estimate in quantity (I don't know...10? 15 chicken breasts? two huge chunks of red meat that are probably what a family of 6 would have for dinner...each). "This'll be good for about a week". It is astounding how someone can consume so much food first of all, but also eat that much and somehow have zero fat. I'll stick to my grapefruit breakfast and avocado lunch (No really, avocado, balsamic, sea salt, pepper. It'll change your life.) He was a little too camera shy for me to exploit his eating habits (so he will no doubt LOVE that the details ended up on here), so I'll stick with the awesome woman to help illustrate our Cosco trip.

Talk fiber to me.
I've been taking an emotional break from perspective since class on Monday (soon to be disrupted by my looming homework), but I can fill in on my other classes. I'm pretty excited about AutoCAD. This program seems to be really intuitive and user-friendly...contrary to some of the horror stories that I've heard; perhaps it helps to have (oh god this makes me sound old) about ten years of working with the Adobe creative suite under my belt.
I found a cute little recycled sketch book at Plaza for all of my note-taking. Can I just relish in the fact that it's pretty awesome to go to an art supply store for all of your school supplies. Damaging to the wallet but still pretty awesome. So I took some handy shwag from some of my creative friends to divy up the book.
On one side of the book:
Sean, graphic design, web design, computer guru extraordinaire....CAD class!

So far we've played the dots game, tic-tac-toe, and learned abou the toolbars...

Flip the notebook over and:
Kelsey..knitter, seamstress, craftster extraordinaire...Textiles class!
An entire class about textiles?? Weaving, knitting, fibers.... YES PLEASE! Paying homage to one of my favorite Sara-isms "talk fiber to me". Let me fondle some fibers and I'm a happy girl!
In the absence of knitting, I'll highlight a knitting-related find...thank you Craftzine. Check out this adorableness from Bent Objects.

Happy Baby Boy Vega!!!
1 comment:
wooooo! I'm a notebook!
Post a Comment