Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Perfect Halloween costume?

I've never been a huge Halloween person, perhaps because it seems like my options are limited to sexy (insert animal) or slutty (insert profession with a uniform). Not quite my speed.

Added to that, my costume must be appropriate for attending a Halloween Masquerade party. A mask? (grumpy face)

But then this came across my email and I was smitten.
It seems that this was not intended to be a costume, but a real runway dress (swing and a miss).
Holy awesome. I am now the proud new owner of a left and a right wooden mannequin hand with adjustable fingers. I have 4 balls of Karabella Aurora in black sitting next to my bed. And I'm pretty sure this has to happen.

But I wonder...what will it be called?

Knit Ninja? Not so ninja-ey.

Purl Necklace? A little too Urban Dictionary.

Crafty Bitch? meh.
I've hit a wall.

But inbetween knitting holiday gifts, I shall embark on my very first knit Halloween costume!

...and I'm kinda excited.


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Ohhh! It'd be neat if you took it further and added some drawn stitches on your skin... then you could call it "In Stitches", har har

We're working out the friday details, I'll let you know. Also, miss you, its been too long my DC friend.