Another semester with Maria, another semester of learning a lot but constantly asking myself why I'm putting myself through this again. I elected to take this class?? WHY??!! We've started on color. When it comes to making things, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. So this free style..."just give the impression of color" thing is a little tough for me to grasp. It's either color or it's not, how can you just do some of it?? Well anyway, here is one that I thought was only part-way done. But Maria forbade me from working on it anymore...
We've started doing a lot of free-hand sketches, not making a grid first (an not using rulers of straight lines. this is very disturbing to me as well) . Here is the view from my desk at work.
One thing about being back in school is having classmates to commiserate with. Lizzie came over for another drink and draw last week, receiving the same treatment from Ringo that I get - him laying across all of her supplies as she's trying to work. His other favorite thing is to lay next to my charcoal drawing and brush his tail across it, sweeping the loose charcoal all over the rest of the paper. awesome.
Next we did the interior of the Corcoran gallery

In which I put a Franz Kline exhibit
Next we're drawing some eye-screw of a piece. It's a 3-point perspective, looking from a balcony down into a space and at a mirror reflecting back at you. ... right.
Happy Faters Day
When we were like 8 or something, my brother once made a father's day card for my grandfather, forgetting the h. Since then, Fathers Day will forever be Faters Day in my mind.
Anyway, I decided I wasn't spending enough time drawing these days, so I decided to make my dad a charcoal drawing of the Canterbury Town Hall, the small town that he grew up in and we lived in until I was 7.

Jane of all trades.
I've been slacking on my crafting lately, but have done a few projects around lately. Like making window boxes for my bedroom, filled with marigolds that always remind me of our gardens in New Hampshire.

And redoing the IKEA dresser to better match my new room. These flowers came from an awesome book on contemporary botanical paintings that I found at Capitol Hill Books.

And lastly another tshirt redo. For this one I cut off the bottom of a shirt - so cutting across from one armpit to the other. Then I punched little holes along the top of the remaining tube:

Then took some un-dyed cotton and crocheted around the top and then up to make little straps. Super easy and it makes a comfortable summery top.

No comments:
Post a Comment