Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crawl for the Cure: www.mikemcneil.org

Friday afternoon the beau and I piled into my two door civic still bountiful with the last load out of my old apartment (no rush in unpacking or anything). A pit stop at the Teet for road snacks and we were off! We sped right out of the Hill to come to a screeching halt at 295. Creeping our way up 95, we finally pulled into Westford just shy of midnight. Considering that our track record of leaving the house together is less than desirable, I'll take an 8-hour drive turning into 11 hours as a win.

The reason for this weekend road trip to northern Mass: a fund raising pub crawl in honor of my cousin, Mike, who passed away in March. Leave it to the Irish folk to make a "Crawl for the Cure".

Saturday afternoon about 100 green-clad shirts piled into the Lo Kai to kick off the event.

I have to say that the organizers did a great job - with the exception of choosing a chinese buffet as the meal before a long night of drinking.
But when in Rome, do as the Romans, so after a starter of vodka tonic, I sampled the Lo Kai specialty: the Scorpion Bowl. Oh boy.
After 2 solid hours of eating chinese buffet and drinking scorpion bowls, we extracted ourselves from our vinyl seats, following our map to the first stop our group was sent to. Lowell is a pretty small town, so we had to split up into smaller groups so that the bars could handle us. The McNeil clan comprised an entire group "because there's like 97 of us".
And everywhere I went I ran into cousins - here we are with Shaun.
We were trying to get a shot of the ladies, but silly Scotty kept getting in the mix.
And a shot of the boys....the true McNeil clan of 6 brothers.

At the next bar it was decided that we needed to do blowjob shots. What can I say, this was my first one. My dear sweet cousins forgot to clue me in about the technique involved, so I basically coated my face in whipped cream and still couldn't get the damn thing in my mouth.
I eventually downed most of it and noticed that everyone else was using the assistance of hands. "you can use you hands??!!???" Amy got quite a kick out of the whole ordeal.
And I looked like this the rest of the night.
Poor Beth was a beacon of light in her neon orange shirt - designated driver for a few more months...
We got our dance on a bit.

Particularly Scotty.
Rich even seemed to fit into the Irish crowd a bit. Is that a beer in his hand???
And a good time was had by all.

...until the 10 hour drive home through shore traffic.

for donations or more information, go to www.mikemcneil.org

No comments: