I'm down to two classes this semester, but it's a dangerous duo that when combined with a shortened summer semester becomes lethal. I just can't get enough (punishment) from Maria, so I went back for my third straight semester of abuse from her. She is brutal but fantastic, a statement that is a little hard for me to make after I almost hulked out on her last night. "Please stop grabbing my pencil and scribbling all over the drawing that I've just spent the last 3 hours making deliberate and light lines on to go back and make the details darker. An overlay, Maria; use a freaking overlay."
I realized that I forgot to ever post up my last semester's final, the lobby space in shade and shadow...

This semester we've been doing quicker pieces. Here is a quick shade and shadow from an advertisement for this red chair:

Then an outdoor space in contour line...

and shade and shadow..

This is a bedroom for a green show house in McLean...

then we started to work a little bit with applying color....

The other class I'm taking is an art history class. It's not quite as brutal as what immediately comes to mind...a dark and chilly Sampson Hall with dueling slide projectors "click-chuck. click-chuck" The professor is actually quite hilarious, interrupting slide after slide of post-war German glass art with
"If you ever get to get close to a Tiffany, it's awesome. You just want to lick it. But don't because you'll get arrested for that"
or
"Frankly, that just looks like vomit"
or
"There on the left is the head priest from Heidelberg, and to Schreider's right is Jesus."
Not exactly my cup of tea, but as far as art history classes go, it could be a lot worse. One of our 30 papers is to do a study on the glass at the National Cathedral. I roped the beau into going on a little outing Saturday, and we made our way northwest to that gleaming monstrosity on the hill.
I walked around and looked at windows...
and more windows...
and more windows...
This is the "I'm trying to be a good sport here, but can we please get out of here" look.
So I looked at just a few more windows before deciding to get the book from the gift shop and just write my paper from that.
On the way down to the gift shop I found another cool window. Actually I think this one is my favorite, mostly because of the weird yellow lighting and stone around it.
Just because this is the smallest town of a big city, I was leaving the cathedral and spotted this guy who looked suspiciously like this guy I knew at Stetson. I blew if off and went down to the parking garage, running right into Blake Henshel who was in town visiting from Florida. Weird.Now I have a few more papers to write....
No comments:
Post a Comment