The show was an interesting concept - they invited some DC/Baltimore crafters to come in and set up within the showroom, encouraging us to use the furniture as part of the display. Jon was slated for the front window, but I was offered a different spot when I got there - even more prime real estate plus not as much of the fishbowl feel. They had this really great floating shelf unit that I snagged for the belts, a gorgeous brown leather couch that I dressed with shirts, and then set up the belt stand. I was mostly broken down by the time it dawned on me to take a picture, so I only go the shelf thing. If Design Within Reach wasn't so out of reach for most of us, I'd say that he should have this for other shows.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Craft Mutiny
Much like last Saturday, Jon benefitted from my not committing to any social engagements ahead of time, so I was snagged to work another holiday market. This time I was flying solo at Craft Mutiny at the Design Within Reach store in Georgetown. I happily accepted as: I love Design Within Reach and use their furniture when specing alot of my rooms; craft shows are fun to work and great to meet new people; and apparently Jon can't yet split himself in half to be in two places, so it's nice to step in and help when I can. I think after this show I'm going to start lobbying for the title of apprentice instead of intern - more legitimate and less coffee girl, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment