Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes We Can.

Yes We Can.
I can't think of any moment in my life that I have been more proud of the United States. In a time when frustration and desperation seem to be more common feelings than hope and pride, it has been incredible to see the nation pull together and stand behind a man who offers change. My generation's "where were you the moment that you heard about.." have been marked around terrorist acts and war. Words can't describe how elated I am to be able to finish that sentence with "...America electing the first black president".

I was in my living room.

Ringo was helping us subdue the anxiousness as we watched bad CNN graphics and counted up the states and electoral votes coming in.

Midway though some pointless anchor jabber, (cue bad graphic) "CNN Prediction" came across the screen and...

Turn to Em's computer on MSNBC that we were also following... and sure enough!

Vara screamed and ran through the apartment. The phones started buzzing as texts and calls flooded in - everyone sharing in the excitement! Can you believe it!!?? Oh my god! We did it! We really did it! Time to pop the cork and celebrate!

Our neighborhood was the aberration of DC and the streets were surprisingly quiet. Whereas the rest of DC rejoiced and kicked off a night of celebration. Thought I didn't experience that, it was a pretty remarkable feeling to walk to work Wednesday morning - as if a cloud had been lifted. Everyone looked happy and hopeful - smiling at strangers, smiling at no one.
Tuesday was a night when the rest of the world smiled with us.


School.work.
In all of the other excitement, I've forgotten to post up my recent school projects. So here goes!

The rest of the tea lounge (though some more trees should be painted in - I'm changing the half wall to glass) in

A room adjacency in a double complementary scheme.

And the beginnings of a bar in a split complementary scheme.

Happy count-down to January 20th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing work, where are the floor plans? see you at thanksgiving.

e.r.