Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Brain Drizzle.

I don't usually talk about work stuff on here, but this weekend was a huge soiree that yielded flashbacks to many-a-Stetson event. Except this time it was the grown-up version and I didn't have to do the planning. Whereas before we had frantic trips to Sams and the party store and Sara and I would be cutting and chopping and arranging, this time they had caterers. Whereas before we served as the "security" to keep the sobriety of participants at a reasonable level, this time there was hired security and valet parking. Whereas before we bribed student musicians with gift certificates to Moe's, this time there was a classy jazz trio.

Oh geez. Now I feel old. But some things still hold true - working with a group of amazing people. Above is Jane, Nancy, and Caroline (who has just left and I will miss terribly) as we celebrated the end of the party and beginning of cleanup with a bottle of champagne.


Brain Drizzle.
I'd like to call it a brainstorm, but Jon stuck a pin in my voodoo-doll stomach that left my brainpower going towards not dying rather than being creative. Or perhaps it was a 24 hour version of the stomach virus that has swept through my workplace. Either way, the brain drizzle was supposed to focus on the website and we did manage to get a few things hatched out. Jon whipped out the sketchbook and stumbled upon this little gem: the original page of practice signatures that led to the brand image (see lower left corner with a circle and check mark).

Then there was a lot of scribbling and talking and scribbling and talking.

Fred joined in the efforts by helping Jon sketch and keeping me warm.
If all else fails, this last-ditch effort might totally work: "please buy my stuff". Yea? ... Like I said...brain drizzle.

But a few fun ideas did come out of it, all of which will be swathed in secrecy until I have more documentation or they go live.


This is just a quick post to catch up on other happenings before the next...really big...incredibly exciting...post about LAST NIGHT'S WIN!!! I'm too excited to even talk about it right now. OK bye.

No comments: