It is a fantastic place to walk around and truly enjoy your surroundings. The people there are so pleasant and all look like really interesting individuals.
Monday was my interview at the Corcoran. It was at their Georgetown campus, which I had never been to. In transit I discovered a whole different side of Georgetown, causing me to fall in love with it all over again. The interview went really well, but now I need to do some thinking about whether the program is really what I want to do. They also suggested that I apply for the interior design masters. Interesting.
Monday was also Pub Quiz in which the yarnies kicked ass (ok, with a little help from one very nice McGinty-ite). We came in 8th place; but most importantly, we got TWO prizes for the awesome answers to some questions we didn't know. I think that's a record. I also witnessed a little Cinco de Mayo dancing, tried to get converted to yoga by a very nice monk, and enjoyed a few Corintas with the gals. The night ended at my favorite underground spot with Tommy and Eric wowing us all with their amazing ability to creep (I'm going to ruin the term by trying to define it; but basically it's drawing people around you when they don't know it). Some day soon Mr. Irish will be making his online debut on my blog so you can see his awesome sketches.
Tuesday = late work function but quick escape in the afternoon to check out the National Gallery of Art East Building and the National Portrait Gallery/Museum of American Art. I went with a painter and he's not much into contemporary work; I am all about contemporary and not much about classic paintings; but I tried to see the work through someone else's eyes, and it made the experience a good one. Still not converted, but I'm learning to appreciate it more.
After an unsuccessful shopping trip for auction dresses to downtown with some of the girls from work today (cool building detail pictured above), I decided I really needed to finish my Stetson graduation turned MDSW top so that it can make the final transition and become my Auction top for Friday night. And...voila! Aside from a few ends to weave in and buttons to attach,
Sending love to Kelsey and her chipmunk face as she's recovering on the couch. I hope everyone is able to get out and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. Cheers!
1 comment:
Love received and throughly reciprocated :)
top looks great, miss you, muah!
Post a Comment