Sunday, March 9, 2008

William Comes to Washington

It's been a mixed last week or so. Andy moved out to move up to Buffalo (sad); Will came to visit (happy); Will left again (sad). We had a great time while he was here, though!

This isn't the best picture to show it off, but I got a new couch at IKEA. It's covered with a really soft charcoal felt-like material that is very cozy. Somehow, I'm still not sure how, we fit the couch, ottoman, tree, and a few other odds and ends into the civic. I think if I ever have a Saturday morning with nothing to do, I'm going to go hang outside of IKEA and watch people try to stuff their newly-acquired furnishings into their eco-friendly compact cars. Good stuff.

This is the tree that I got on recommendation from Will. I love the greenery addition to the apartment. Unfortunately, I've managed to sicken it, possibly moving towards killing it, in such a short time; I've raked up the leaves that are falling off (see the pile Ringo is investigating).

This week we went to a Wizard's basketball game vs. the Orlando Magic. There was a huuuge man sitting next to me, well, to be fair he was a good 1/4 of the way into my seat as well, who smelled terrible. Atrocious actually. We got some good laughs out of the situation and then got to focus back on the game when he moved to different seats right before halftime.

We met up with Greg at a french restaurant with live jazz music called Mon Ami Gabi in Bethesda; we had tapas in Galleryplace; we had delicious chinese take-out; we saw the Other Bolyn Girl (awesome) and Definitely Maybe (good).

Yesterday I brought Will to Busboys and Poets for brunch. Such a cool place! I think I have a soft spot for funky breakfast places. The fantastic pancake place - Friendly Toast, in Portsmouth; the awesome Golden West Cafe in Hampden; Miss Shirley's in Baltimore; and now Busboys and Poets near U Street Cardoza.

Coming out of brunch, I took a picture of this *juxtaposition* of irony. I love how perfect the color match is as well. Oh Bush.....oh modified military vehicles as public statements, obviously making up for other shortcomings.



Saturday night we headed up to Baltimore and went to the Charles Theatre with Kelsey-Sean to see Persepolis. Beautiful movie; great independent theatre. Followed by tapas - delicious. Followed by some brews at DuClaw. Kelsey and I were the DDs of the night; haha - can you tell from the pic?

Then after a few games of Sequence, I escorted Will back to the airport today to journey back to Florida. Back to the normal routine for both of us...

No comments: